As I mentioned on the front page of Even the Dead Can Scar, I’m picking and choosing what I want from TB/SVM.
Got Questions – look below:
Vampire Blood in a human = the Vampire owns the human. Would be upheld by vampire law. Can be erased by an older vampire only. For a human to have vampire blood – it must be ingested (meaning, rubbing some on a scratch won’t do it).
Dreams sent to a human: A human with vampire blood is susceptible to the vampire sending dreams of influence. This can alter the feelings. While in general blood enhances what’s already there – the vampire CAN take it a step further and use dreams. These can only be sent while the human is asleep and the vampire is awake.
Blood manipulation: A human with a large amount of vampire blood can also be influenced by the vampire – the vampire can send feelings.
Change to core feelings: Neither dreams nor blood manipulation can CHANGE to root of a human’s feelings. But enough manipulation / dreams can confuse the human to the point that they THINK they have different feelings. Why is this important – when the blood is gone – the human doesn’t retain the false feelings.
The Bleeds: I hate the idea of the bleeds – so messy. Not using it.
Bonding: Three mutual exchanges (blood on the lips of both at the same time to count as an exchange). So – if Eric drinks from Sookie at 7PM and Sookie needs blood for healing at 10PM – it’s NOT an exchange. Don’t know if I’m using this – it’s just an example. There is no way to break a bond in this story.
Weres and Telepathy: Sookie AND Barry CAN read Weres. It can be a bit more difficult at times – but in general – it’s not a problem.
- No Jessica in this story. Bill is not a maker.
- Lala was NOT Eric’s prisoner.
- I don’t watch TB ( I saw seasons 1,2,3 and half of 4) – so many TB only characters won’t be used. Roman will be used (I’ve read of his character via fanfic)
- I like Russell and Eric as allies
- Nora has a different background/lineage (and I only know about her from fanfic)
- Barry isn’t as inept with his telepathy – he and Sookie are pretty much equals with their talent
- Nan is so irritating, I had to add her.